Harlow Council is committed to the principles of equality of opportunity, fairness and equality for all, both in the services that it provides to the community and in its role as an employer.
We believe this can be better achieved by a workforce that values and reflects diversity. We have a diverse and dedicated workforce with a broad spectrum of skills.
We regularly recruit to fill a wide range of vacancies including permanent, fixed term, casual, full and part-time roles including apprenticeships.
As an organisation, we provide excellent training and development. We have a wide range of benefits for staff, such as a childcare voucher scheme and Career Average Revalued Earnings (CARE) Pension Scheme.
We follow safer recruitment procedures and expect all staff, regardless of their role, to show a commitment to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Current Council vacancies
- Housing Support and Telecare Officer
Closing date: Friday 19 July 2019
- Senior Landscape Officer
Closing date: Monday 29 July 2019
- Senior Environmental Health Officer (2 Year Fixed Term Contract)
Closing date: Monday 5 August 2019
- Harlow Playhouse - Casual jobs
No closing date
- Trainee Auditor/Apprentice - Broxbourne Borough Council (working across three Councils: Epping Forest Council; Harlow Council and Broxbourne Borough Council)
- Essex Police - Independent Advisory Group member (voluntary role with expenses )
- Essex County Council - search for ECC jobs in Harlow
- Essex County Council - Harlow schools jobs
- Harlow College
- More recruitment contacts, careers advice, redundancy advice and apprenticeships
Work experience and volunteering
We recognise the importance of work experience for school children and adults and support local residents where possible.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to:
- ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- communicating and promoting vacancies
- offering an interview to disabled people
- anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people