Council Tax

Most domestic properties (house, bungalow, maisonette, flat, mobile home, caravan or houseboat) are subject to Council Tax, no matter whether they are owned, rented or leased. The tax is collected by Harlow Council and is used to pay towards services provided by several authorities including Harlow Council, Essex County Council, Police Crime Commissioner for Essex (PCC) and Essex Fire Authority. Therefore Harlow’s Council Tax is made up of Harlow Council, Essex County Council, PCC and Essex Fire Authority charges. The property band determines what portion of the set Council Tax should be paid by those liable.

Pay your Council Tax online

Council Tax - advice

If you need more advice or are experiencing difficulty paying your Council Tax bill you can contact us through Contact Harlow or ask us to contact you by using the new

Text Enquiry Service

Alternatively, there are also a number of other independent organisations that may be able to give advice with not only Council Tax bills but any other bills you may have. Contact details of other independent organisations