Alternatively you can pay using the 24 hour, automated telephone payments line: 01279 446600. Or you can pay in person at the Civic Centre.
If you have difficulty paying your Council bills please speak to an Advisor at Contact Harlow in the first instance. There are also a number of other independent organisations that may be able to give advice with not only Council bills but any other bills you may have.
Report, Book or Apply
You can report, book or apply for some things without having to find time to phone or visit us. This saves you time and helps save the Council money. You can use Self Serve for a range of services such as booking green waste or bulky waste collections, applying for allotments or garages and reporting noise or litter.
Also, if you sign up for a Self Serve account you can view the status of some of your reports and your details will be automatically entered in future every time you complete a form, thereby saving you time.
A lot of information regarding our services can be found on this website. if you require further help, please contact or visit us:
The Water Gardens
Tel: 01279 446655
Your enquiry or report will be logged on to our system and passed to the relevant team to deal with. They will then ensure that you are informed of the target date and the progress of your enquiry where this is appropriate. If they are unable to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, they will advise you what steps to take next.
Council Tax and Benefits enquiries
Alternatively, if you would like us to contact you about your Council Tax, Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support you can use the Text Enquiry Service.
- Reception: Staff are available Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:45pm, to assist with general enquiries and can direct you to an Advisor desk for more specialised assistance.
- Cashier desks: Available Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:45pm, to take payments for Council bills and services.
- Advisor desks: Available Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:45pm, to check application forms, photocopy documents and assist with enquiries.
- Council Tax desk: Available, with no appointment, Monday to Friday, between 9am to 1pm.
- Benefits (including Council Tax support) desk: Available, with no appointment Monday 9am to 4:45pm and Friday 9am to 1pm. Appointments can be made for Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Business rates desk: Available by appointment only.
- Free to use computers: Available in reception (no appointment) to access our website, pay Council bills online and access online services - Monday to Friday between 9am to 4:45pm
- Free to use repairs phone: Report repairs by phone (under stairs in reception)
To make an appointment for Benefits or Business Rates, please call Contact Harlow.
Harlow Council aims to deliver a first class service and we welcome feedback from you about the quality of the service we provide. We recognise that occasionally the standard of service offered might slip below that to which you expect. You may also feel that a decision or action taken by us has adversely affected you. If you are dissatisfied in any way, we will look into the matter for you, and either provide an explanation of our actions or, if necessary, take steps to put things right.
- Comment on a Council service or please feedback to Contact Harlow
- Complain about a Council service using the complaints procedure
- Complain about a Councillor's conduct
- Feedback about this website online
- Make an insurance claim against Harlow Council due to a personal injury or damage to your property or for incident(s) involving a Council insured vehicle
Also at the Civic Centre
Visit the Gibberd Gallery at the Civic Centre to see works donated by Sir Freddrick Gibberd and other exhibitions.